We’ve anticipated a few questions you might have about lodging, convention space, local attractions, transportation, and other basic information you might need to plan your event.
What are the average monthly temperatures in Tulsa?
Average Low and High Temperatures (℉)
How far is the airport from downtown?
Month Low High Month Low High Jan 28 48 Jul 73 93 Feb 31 53 Aug 73 93 Mar 40 62 Sep 62 84 Apr 49 72 Oct 51 73 May 59 72 Nov 40 61 Jun 68 87 Dec 30 49
Tulsa International Airport is located 8.5 miles from Downtown Tulsa. The drive usually takes 12-15 minutes.
What are the sales and occupancy tax rates in Tulsa?
Sales tax in Tulsa is 8.52% (4.02% Local tax and 4.5% State tax).
The hotel occupancy tax is 5% in addition to the 8.52% sales sax, for a total lodging tax rate of 13.52%.
What are my transportation options from the airport?
Taxi, shuttle, and city bus are all options for traveling from Tulsa International Airport.
Many hotels offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, so it's best to call your hotel in advance to see if this is an option for you.
Tulsa Transit has regular buses that travel to and from the airport. View the schedule and bus information here.
Is Tulsa a union city?
No, Oklahoma is a Right-to-Work state.
What are my shopping options in Tulsa?
Tulsa has shopping centers large and small to satisfy visitors who are searching for somewhere to shop. Woodland Hills Mall and the Tulsa Promenade are popular options for those who want a more traditional shopping mall experience, Utica Square is a good fit for those looking for an upscale, outdoor shopping experience, and shopping centers like the Southroads Shopping Center, Tulsa Hills Shopping Center, and The Farm Shopping Center are great shopping strips for those who just need to visit a few stores. Check out our Shopping page for more information about each location.
What are my hotel options in Tulsa?
Tulsa has over 110 hotels with over 12,000 sleeping rooms. The variety of lodging options ensures that everyone can find something to suit their specific needs. Visit our hotel page to search for accommodations by hotel type, location, or amenities.
What are my options should I need medical care during my visit?
Some of Tulsa's hospitals and urgent care facilities include:
Where and when can I park downtown?
Hillcrest HealthCare System
110 W. 7th St., Ste. 2540
Tulsa, OK 74119
Phone: (918) 579-1000
Saint Francis Hospital
6161 S. Yale Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 494-8452
Hillcrest Hospital South
8801 South 101 East Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74133
Phone: (918) 294-4000
Saint Francis Hospital South
10501 E. 91st St. S.
Tulsa, OK 74133
Phone: (918) 307-6000
Hillcrest Medical Center
1120 S. Utica Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104
Phone: (918) 579-1000
St. John Health System
1923 S. Utica Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104
Phone: (918) 744-2180
OSU Medical Center
744 W. 9th St.
Tulsa, OK 74127
Phone: (918) 599-1000
St. John Urgent Care
1717 S. Utica Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104
Phone: (918) 748-1300
Metered parking throughout downtown is enforced Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Several public parking garages are available for visitors to downtown at varying prices. Some hotels and businesses offer free parking for guests, but it is best to verify parking policy directly with those businesses. During large events, additional parking lots may be available for a fee.
How can I get a relocation guide and information?
The Tulsa Regional Chamber publishes a Relocation Guide to assist those who are moving to the Tulsa region.
I want to visit some of the bars and pubs in Tulsa. What are Tulsa County's alcohol laws?
Alcohol sales are prohibited from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. Packaged liquor cannot be sold on Sundays, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Beer sold in convenience stores and supermarkets may not be more than 3.2% ABW.
How large is Tulsa?
What should I look forward to seeing in Tulsa in the future?
The City of Tulsa has an estimated population of about 403,000, and Tulsa County has a population of about 639,000.
- The Gilcrease Museum, Cox Business Center, Expo Square, Mohawk Sports Complex, and the Tulsa Performing Arts Center are slated to see improvements through funding by the recently approved Vision Tulsa package.
- An Olympic training center for BMX athletes and the national headquarters for USA BMX is being constructed at Expo Square at the former Drillers Stadium.
- Phase I of A Gathering Place for Tulsa, a 66.5 acre world-class park along the Arkansas River, is expected to be completed in late 2017.
- The Oklahoma Historical Society is developing a new museum, the Oklahoma Museum of Popular Culture (OKPOP), to be located in the Brady Arts District across the street from Cain's Ballroom.
- The Route 66 Experience will be a multi-faceted center designed to engage visitors in the history and culture of Route 66. This center will be located at the north end of Riverside Drive next to the Cyrus Avery Centennial Plaza and include a drive-in movie theatre, two restaurants, visitor information center, gift shop, special event space, and underground parking. The Route 66 Experience is scheduled to open in 2018.
MEETING AND EVENT PLANNING
How many hotel rooms are in the Tulsa area?
There are over 15,000 rooms in the Tulsa metro area.
What is the largest downtown hotel? How many rooms and how much meeting space does it have?
The Hyatt Regency is the largest downtown hotel. It has 454 guest rooms and 38,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space.
What is the peak room capacity for a citywide event?
A citywide event could potentially have a peak of 1,200 rooms downtown.
Does Tulsa have a Convention Center?
Yes. The Cox Business Center is located in the heart of downtown Tulsa.
How many square feet of exhibit space does Cox Business Center have?
The 310,000 square foot SMG-managed Cox Buiness Center provides over 102,000 square feet of exhibit space.
How many meeting rooms does Cox Business Center have?
Cox Business Center has 38 meeting rooms of various capacities.
What is the closest hotel to Cox Business Center?
The 417-room DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa Downtown is connected to Cox Business Center by a sky bridge. Aloft Tulsa Downtown is also located directly across the street.
Most of the hotels downtown offer a shuttle that will go to Cox Business Center, but be sure to contact your hotel directly to see if they are one of these properties.
How many hotel rooms are within walking distance of the Cox Business Center?
There are more than 1,000 total rooms within walking distance and 1,600 rooms in the Downtown core.
How can the CVB help meeting planners?
The Tulsa Convention and Visitors Bureau can assist planners in areas of meeting preparation and provide planners with detailed reference material. We can also:
- Establish room blocks at local hotels.
- Encourage attendance by marketing Tulsa to attendees via promotional material.
- Act as a liaison between the planner and community officials, thus clearing the way for special permits, street closures, et cetera.
- Obtain special letters of welcome from high-ranking government officials and in some cases, can bring officials to speak at a meeting.
- Offer suggestions about ways meeting attendees can maximize free time.
- Assist in the creation of collateral material.
- Assist with on-site logistics and registration.
- Provide housing bureau services.
- Develop pre- and post-conference activities, spouse tours, and special events.
- Assist with site inspections and familiarization tours, as well as site selection.
- Provide speakers and local educational opportunities.
- Help secure special venues.
- Assist in the coordination of local transportation.
Why should I choose Tulsa for my event?
- Hospitable - Tulsa has all the amenities of a large city, but has a distinct southern hospitality and charm that will make you feel right at home.
- Accessible - Downtown Tulsa is an easily walkable community. Restaurants, hotels, and entertainment districts are nestled in the downtown core along with ONEOK Field, the BOK Center, and Cox Business Center.
- Convenient - Located in the center of the country, Tulsa is an easy "drive-in" city for many attendees. Tulsa International Airport also offers direct flights to 17 cities throughout the United States.
- Quailfied (And Accredited!) - The Tulsa Convention and Visitors Bureau is DMAI Accredited. The Destination Marketing Accreditation Program's globally-recognized accreditation serves as a visible industry distinction that defines quality and performance standards in destination marketing and management.
- Affordable - Money goes further in Tulsa. The cost of living in Tulsa is 12 percent below the national average, and per-capita income is an average of 11.6 percent better than the national average.
- Historic - Tulsa was founded by the Creek Tribe in the 1800s and was settled by cultural influences the world over. The birthplace of Route 66, this historic city has a modern vibe and culturally diverse population that brings ideas, festivals and energy from all around the world.