Summer Barn Sale (Garage Sale) & Plant Exchange
- From: May 31, 2018 - June 02, 2018 (Recurring daily)
- Location: Shepherd's Cross
- Address: 16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017-0935
- Times: From: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Admission: free
- Contact: Dr. Diane Dickinson
- Send Email
- Free Parking?: Yes
- Add to Itinerary
of the Shepherd @ Shepherd’s Cross Summer Barn Sale (Garage Sale) & Plant
Benefits Farming Missions, Starter Flocks & Remote, non-electric wool mills to Kyrgyzstan, Romania & Russian Orphans
Thursday May 31, Friday June 1, Saturday June 2, 2017
7:00 am – 6:00 pm
· Location: Tour Barn at Shepherd’s Cross – 16792 East 450 Road, Claremore OK
· Plant Exchange: Bring a plant to leave and take a plant home. Plant selections will include bulbs, tubers, bushes, trees,
grasses, seeds, roots, herbs and so much more! What a great way to expand your garden. Please be prepared to identify the
plant you leave, with its name, color and planting characteristics. Wonderful fun!
· Come as a family, a group, or a school. Busloads of fun for school groups.
· This is the Fourth Annual Plant Exchange at the farm.
· Concurrent with the Summer Barn Sale – Garage Sale
· Huge – Multi-Family Garage Sale - Indoors – Air-Conditioned
· Items donated by many families include the following: antiques; furniture; housewares; children, infant, teen, men and women
clothing; books; DVD’s; farm and garden items; children’s games and toys; home decorator items, bedding, office supplies
and much more.
· Pictures of some sale items can be found on our facebook page the week of the sale:
· Proceeds will benefit the 2018 mission outreach:
o Sierra Leone – checking on the flock Heart of the Shepherd began there 2 years ago & providing education
o LeSotho – helping establish wool mills via hand carders
o Thailand – working in the silk industry
o Gambia – training college agriculturalists
· Donations graciously accepted for the Garage/Barn Sale or the Plant Exchange
· Monetary Donations towards these missions greatly appreciated
· In addition, the following activities are available at the farm:
o Tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum & Silo (all 4 floors are open now)
o Tour the Bible Garden - guided or self-guided tours
o Shepherd’s Shop will be open, featuring a host of “woolly” and farm related handmade gifts made by Shepherd’s
Cross and over 50 local crafters.
§ Additionally the shop features a mission section; purchases made in this section of the store return 100% of
the sale price to missionaries and mission organizations. These handmade items come from missions
directly supported by Heart of the Shepherd around the world (including Afghanistan, India, Mongolia,
Kyrgyzstan, Germany, Malawi, Thailand, Africa, Russia, Uganda)
o Shepherd’s Cross features farm fresh, Animal Welfare Approved, pasture raised, free range, chemical free American
lamb meat, and beef.
o Farm Fresh honey & Farm Raised walnuts and meats
o Spinning and Wool Mill demonstration
· Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a producer for the Oklahoma Food
Co-op, and is Animal Welfare Approved.
· Visit our website: www.ShepherdsCross.com
· Visit our online stores: www.ShepherdsCross.Biz and www.HeartoftheShepherd.Biz
Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
Dr. Diane Dickinson, President & Director