Navajo Weaving Class
- From: January 11, 2018 - January 13, 2018 (Recurring daily)
- Location: Shepherd's Cross
- Address: 16792 E. 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
- Times: From: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Contact: Dr. Diane Dickinson
- Send Email
- Free Parking?: Yes
- Add to Itinerary
What: Navajo Weaving Class – Weekend Retreat Learn how to Navajo Weave in one weekend. This is a basic weaving class. Each participant will take home a finished Navajo Woven project.
When: January 11, 12 & 13 – Thursday, Friday & Saturday 2018 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Shepherd’s Cross 16792 E 450 Road, Claremore OK 74017
• Class minimum of two people. Class max of 8 people.
• Our classes go a step farther - we teach some history of fiber arts, and practical technology.
• Retreat Fee: $299. No hidden fees, rental fees or materials fees. All are included in the weekend package.
• Participants may borrow a Navajo Loom. Or bring their own with them.
• Participants will be given a design for building their own loom to bring with them.
• Need a day's respite from the challenges of life? Join us for a peace filled learning experience.
o Need a relaxing new hobby? Fiber work is soothing and wonderful.
o Great Weekend “get away” with family or friends.
• Yarn is provided for this class
• Retreats are augmented by hands on learning tools available in the Educational Farm Museum, and with a collection of fiber arts from around the world.
• Advanced Classes available upon request.
• Come to the farm and enjoy the peace of a few hours spent in the country.
• Shepherd’s Cross is home to Heart of the Shepherd Inc., a public, non-profit Christian organization (501-C3) that teaches Biblical references to the harvest, the animals, farming and gardening. Biblical references are found throughout the farm experience.
• Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a member of the Claremore Farmer’s Market, an Animal Welfare Approved sheep farm, a producer for and distribution site for the Oklahoma Food Co-op.
• Shepherd’s Cross is open Tuesday through Saturday year round, closed some holidays
• Facebook Link for more information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shepherds-Cross-Heart-of-the-Shepherd/311514685599704
• To find out more information about our woolly events please visit our website: www.ShepherdsCross.com - simply click “Classes” on the home page Contact: Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd Dr. Diane Dickinson 918.342.5911 firstname.lastname@example.org