Navajo Weaving Class – Weekend Retreat
- From: August 02, 2018 - August 04, 2018 (Recurring daily)
- Location: Shepherd's Cross
- Address: 16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017-0935
- Times: From: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Admission: $299
- Contact: Dr. Diane Dickinson
- Send Email
- Visit Website
- Free Parking?: Yes
- Add to Itinerary
What: Navajo Weaving Class - Weekend Retreat Learn how to Navajo Weave in one weekend. This is a basic weaving class.
Each participant will take home a finished Navajo Woven project. When: August 2, 3 & 4 - Thursday, Friday & Saturday 2018 8:30 am - 3:30 pm Where: Shepherd's Cross 16792 E 450 Road, Claremore OK 74017.
• Class minimum of two people. Class max of 8 people. • Our classes go a step farther - we teach some history of fiber arts, and practical technology. • Retreat Fee: $299. No hidden fees, rental fees or materials fees. All are included in the weekend package. • Participants may borrow a Navajo Loom. Or bring their own with them. • Participants will be given a design for building their own loom to bring with them. • Need a day's respite from the challenges of life? Join us for a peace filled learning experience. o Need a relaxing new hobby? Fiber work is soothing and wonderful. o Great Weekend "get away" with family or friends. • Yarn is provided for this class • Retreats are augmented by hands on learning tools available in the Educational Farm Museum, and with a collection of fiber arts from around the world. • Advanced Classes available upon request. • Come to the farm and enjoy the peace of a few hours spent in the country. • Shepherd's Cross is home to Heart of the Shepherd Inc., a public, non-profit Christian organization (501-C3) that teaches Biblical references to the harvest, the animals, farming and gardening. Biblical references are found throughout the farm experience. • Shepherd's Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a member of the Claremore Farmer's Market, an Animal Welfare Approved sheep farm, a producer for and distribution site for the Oklahoma Food Co-op. • Shepherd's Cross is open Tuesday through Saturday year round, closed some holidays • Facebook Link for more information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shepherds-Cross-Heart-of-theShepherd/311514685599704 • To find out more information about our woolly events please visit our website: www.ShepherdsCross.com - simply click "Classes" on the home page