Fiber Fest Weekend Retreat
- From: January 24, 2019 - January 26, 2019 (Recurring daily)
- Location: Shepherd's Cross
- Address: 16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
- Times: From: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Admission: $179.00
- Contact: Diane Dickinson
- Send Email
- Visit Website
- Free Parking?: Yes
- Add to Itinerary
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
What: Fiber Fest Weekend Retreat
• Learn how to process fiber (any kind of fiber - we will teach with wool).
• Includes all of our 3 single day workshops, for a discount, in one super fiber weekend.
• Lessons will include washing, dying, wet felting, carding, picking, spindling, spinning, needle felting and weaving.
• No hidden fees, rental fees or materials fees. All are included in the weekend package.
• Each participant will take home many finished products. We provide materials.
• Retreat fee: $179 ($43 reduction compared to taking individual classes.
o Any Single Day Retreat is available for $74 per day
When: January 24, 25, 26, 2019 - Thursday, Friday, & Saturday 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Where: Shepherd's Cross 16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
• Bring a sack lunch each day. We provided snacks and beverages at two break times each day.
• Class minimum of two people. Class max of 20 people.
• Our classes go a step farther than regular classes - we teach some history of fiber arts, and practical technology.
• Need a day's respite from the challenges of life? Join us for a peace filled learning experience.
o Can't seem to find the time? Join us and learn several techniques in one weekend.
o Need a relaxing new hobby? Fiber work is soothing and wonderful.
o Great weekend "getaway" with family or friends.
• Shepherd's Cross hosts a mini wool mill, processing the wool from their 200+ sheep on site.
• Retreats are augmented by hands on learning tools available in the Educational Farm Museum and with a collection of fiber arts from around the world.
• Shepherd's Cross is the only Animal Welfare Approved sheep farm in Oklahoma and processes the only Animal Welfare Approved fiber sold in the U.S. (that is chemical free, hormone free, free range, natural).
• Heart of the Shepherd, the non-profit organization (501-C3) that operates at the farm and establishes wool mills in remote, impoverished areas around the world.
• Other fiber arts classes are offered on an individual or group basis throughout the year.
• Advanced classes available upon request.
• The Bible Garden is available for guided or self-guided tours; audio or visual or both.
• Shepherd's Shop is open Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 - 5:30, year round (closed some holiday weekends).
• Shepherd's Cross is home to Heart of the Shepherd Inc., a public non-profit Christian organization (501-C3) that teaches Biblical references to the harvest, the animals, farming and gardening. Biblical references are found throughout the farm experience.
• Shepherd's Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma company.
• Facebook link for more information:
• To find out more information about our woolly events please visit our website:
o www.ShepherdsCross.com - simply click "classes" on the home page
Shepherd's Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
Dr. Diane Dickinson