Black Walnut Hulling & Buying Station
- From: September 25, 2018 - November 03, 2018 (Recurring daily)
- Location: Shepherd's Cross
- Address: 16792 East 450 Road, OK 74017, Claremore, OK 74017
- Times: From: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Contact: Shepherd's Cross
- Send Email
- Visit Website
- Free Parking?: Yes
- Add to Itinerary
Black Walnut Hulling & Buying Station at Shepherd's Cross
September 25 - November 3, 2018
Tuesday - Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 p.m.
Monday by appointment Closed Sunday
• Black Walnut Hulling is held each fall, at Shepherd's Cross, an authentic working farm, just north of Claremore OK on Scenic Route 66.
• Simply pick up the black walnuts off the ground, bring them to the farm by the bag, bucket or truck load, and we will hull them, weight them, and pay you for them.
• Great Cost Free Fundraiser for clubs, schools, churches & organizations
• Shepherd's Cross is a buying station for the only black walnut hulling facility in the U.S. - Hammon's Black Walnuts
• Price to be paid this year will likely be $15 per 100 pounds (15 cents per pound) after hulling
• Great fund raiser for youth groups, sport groups, 4-H clubs and more. No outgoing funds for this fundraiser.
• Shepherd's Cross is one of only three buying stations in Oklahoma
• Black walnuts are a natural protein source, high in antioxidants, and help reduce the risk of cancer
• Black Walnuts are not chemically sprayed; they survive naturally; chemical free
• Additional harvesting information is here: https://black-walnuts.com/discover-harvesting-and-hulling/
• The Pumpkin Festival , a harvest celebration held at the farm, at the same time as Black Walnut Hulling
Wholesome fun for the entire family includes hay maze, festive outdoor & indoor games, Farm Animal Petting Barn, farm demonstrations, museum, silo, wagon rides and festive fall story time. The farm's focus is educational, fall festive fun.
• Shepherd's Shop, a quaint country gift shop, is an event in itself - featuring a host of festive fall, handmade and farm related gifts and wares from many gifted artisans; a year round "craft fair". Healthy choice foods and grass fed, grass finished meats and wool items are available.
• Black walnut hulling will proceed even in the case of inclimate weather.
• Shepherd's Cross is an accredited Agritoruism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a Grass Fed Grass Finished, Animal Welfare Certified Farm; a producer for and distribution site for the Oklahoma Food Co-op.
• Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdsCross
• To find out more information about this event please visit our website:
Shepherd's Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
Dr. Diane Dickinson, president & executive director
16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017