Annual Lamb Cook-Off & Appreciation Meal
- January 20, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Location: Shepherd's Cross
- Address: 16792 E. 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
- Times: From: 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
- Admission: Free
- Contact: Dr. Diane Dickinson
- Send Email
- Free Parking?: Yes
- Add to Itinerary
What: Heart of the Shepherd’s Annual Lamb Cook-Off & Appreciation Meal Thank you Volunteers & Donors! Heart of the Shepherd says a great big Thank you! Without you there would not be a mission at Shepherd's Cross.
When: Saturday, January 20, 2018 11:30- 2:30 Lamb Cook Off - Meal 11:30 - 12:45 Appreciation of 2017 Volunteers & Donors 12:45 - 1:15 Dessert & Fellowship: 1:15 - 2:30
Where: Shepherd’s Cross – 16792 E 450 Road, Claremore OK 74017
Who: All Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd donors and volunteers from 2017. If you volunteered or donated during 2017 in any capacity you and your family are invited.
• Meal will be our very own AWA farm fresh lamb meat cooked in a variety of dishes. If you want to cook a lamb dish simply call or come by and pick up some meat to bring prepared for the meal. We also have recipes if you need some. Many cooks provide a great variety of dishes for this event. Haven’t cooked lamb before? No problem. Here is your chance to try . . . on us!
• Join as we celebrate our volunteers, donors, and workers.
• This is a free event. Donations are welcome.
• Heart of the Shepherd is operated almost entirely with volunteers from our local community and beyond. We want to express our heartfelt gratitude to all of those who have so generously given of time and resources to support this mission. We would not be able to serve the multitudes of individuals that we serve both locally and around the world without these servants.
• Preceding or following the Luncheon & Presentation the following activities are available: Wool Mill Tour, Farm Museum & Educational Silo, Shepherd's Shop is open, Bible Garden self guided tours
• We are a Christian Public Non-Profit Organization (501-C3) operating locally and in approximately 20 nations, teaching about farming and how it is related to Biblical principles. Shepherd’s Shop is open Tuesday thru Saturday 8:30 – 5:30 (closed Thanksgiving week, Christmas week & New Year’s week) Shepherd’s Cross is home to Heart of the Shepherd Inc., a public, non-profit Christian organization (501-C3) that teaches Biblical references to the harvest, the animals, farming and gardening. Biblical references are found throughout the farm experience.
Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritoruism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a member of the Claremore Farmer’s Market, an Animal Welfare Approved sheep farm, a producer for and distribution site for the Oklahoma Food Co-op.
Facebook Link for more information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shepherds-Cross-Heart-of-the-Shepherd/311514685599704 To find out more information about our woolly events please visit our website: www.ShepherdsCross.com - simply click “Classes” on the home page Contact: Dr. Diane Dickinson 918-342-5911 or farm@ShepherdsCross.com